Tuesday, July 15, 2008

''Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see''

This quote by Benjamin Franklin means believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see. Like when people say I have to see it to believe it. This is what this quote means. This quote is saying that you shouldn't believe what people say just because they say it, and half of what you see because what you see is not always the truth. An example of my life that goes with this quote is when I misunderstood somebody for what they said thinking it was about me, but at the end it was all a misunderstanding. 

      ''It's not bragging if you back it up'' is a quote I use to remind people that there isn't anything wrong with being conceited and cocky. As long as you back it up and you can, there isn't anything anybody could tell you. I could say that there ain't nobody who could beat me in basketball, but if I lose then I shouldn't have said anything  or I look like the dumb one. I could anything I want, and I could say anything I want. If I could back up everything I say, I don't want not one person telling me something, because there isn't anything wrong with being who you are.

1 comment:

argie48 said...

This quote was written by Edgar Allan Poe, not Benjamin Franklin.